Here at Brize Norton Village Preschool our curriculum begins with the four principles of the Early Years Foundation stage. We believe and promote:
- Every child is unique, and we encourage them to be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured
- We promote positive relationships, so children become strong and independent
- Our preschool ensures we offer a safe and secure environment, an environment that enables and supports learning
- We acknowledge that children learn in different ways and at different rates. We recognise that all areas of learning are important and are interconnected
We strive to ensure children develop an understanding of
- Respect for others
- Understanding of rules
- A curiosity and an eagerness to learn
- Sense of right and wrong
- Confidence in social situations and self-control
- An ability to persist when facing difficulties
- A positive attitude
Our curriculum covers the three prime areas of learning through detailed planning
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Personal, social and emotional development
We acknowledge that the four specific areas are dependent on good knowledge and progress in the three prime areas.
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
Our environment and planning support all of the areas of learning ensuring that we acknowledge children’s rights to learn, be safe and healthy, enjoy achieving and make positive contribution’s.
The Brize Norton Village Pre-school exists to provide a safe, developmentally appropriate environment for preschool and school age children. Our focus is to provide a stimulating early care and education experience which promotes each child’s social/emotional, physical and cognitive development. Our goal is to support children’s desire to be life-long learners.
Our curriculum is supported by the Characteristics of Effective Learning:
Playing and Exploring / Active Learning / Creating and Thinking critically